March 8, 2018 at 11:04 pm #1537
Install Slider Revolution Plugin
After you’ve installed the plugin, it should add a menu item to your main WordPress dashboard. Click on this to be taken to the main Slider Revolution slider management page.
From here you can create or edit sliders.
- Go to the Slider revolution plugin’s main page by clicking on slider revolution on the left hand side of the dashboard
- Push the slide button near the stop that says “New Slider”
- Enter a Slider Title (1) and Alias (2), and click “Save”
- You’ll be redirected to the plugin’s main admin page where you’ll see your new slider listed
Now you need to choose the “Content Source”
- We have a few options with the content source. If you are choosing an image from your media library -> choose Default Slider
- You want to add a slider name and alias (just a nickname) in the next section below content sources. This will help you create a shortcode that we can paste on our wordpress website to add our slider
- You can see on the thumbnails for the sliders what the differences are for these 3 different options
Next, you can load some preset settings for your slider
- In the next section, you want to choose the layout for your slider. The default will be set at auto layout. Here are the differences:
Auto: The slider will always inherit the width of its immediate HTML container, allowing it to fit seamlessly inside your theme’s page layout.
Full-width: Slider will always stretch across the entire width of the screen.
Full screen: Slider will always become the same size as the entire screen size.
- In the slide layout section, you will see layer grids. They should all have “Custom Grid Size” and by default “No” will be selected. If you turn any of them “On”, you can edit the slider view for that device separately, otherwise everything will automatically change based on your slide layout choice. You will be able to select which device you want to edit from on the slider template page.
- Once you create your slider and go through your global settings -> you want to go to the bottom and click on the button that says “EDIT SLIDES” or near the top click on Slide Editor
- This will bring you to the page where we can upload our images and create our actual slider with text and buttons
- The main thing we have to do is focus on the Source tab
- This is where we will choose Main/Background Image if we want to upload an image(s) to our slider
- Go ahead and click on main/background image
- Click the Change Image Button
- Search in your media library or go and click on upload files and upload a new image
- You can go through the other tabs – we usually just use the default option settings we chose in the previous step so there is not much to change here.
- Go to the Slide Animation tab -> if you choose any of these options, as you LOOP through your slider, it will change the animation based on what you’ve selected.
- You can hover over any of the options and a pop up will appear and show you a sample animation
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.